Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hey, I got this!

I remember when I first had Bella I was so overwhelmed as a new mom.  I just couldn't get the hang of it, until one day when I just got it. I don't remember the exact moment but I remember that I felt like "Hey, I got this!" and then I was a pro.  When we found out we were having a second little one, I thought to myself no biggie I'm a pro now.  Maybe I would've slipped right into it under other circumstances, you know the one's where everything goes the way I plan! (Did you get the sarcasm there?) Well, it didn't quite go that way.  I have spent the past 5 months thinking, What the hell what I thinking? Two is harder than I thought! This is complete chaos! I'll never get the hang of this! Then last night after we got home from 6 flags, everyone was asleep and I was going over the day and it finally hit me! Hey, I got this!  We managed to balance a baby that easily overheats, (on a 92 degree day by the way) a catheter regiment, and a 4 year old whose been having meltdowns left and right lately!  Amazingly (with a lot of help from Nana, Gramma and Grampa) we did it. Not without a few hiccups we did it!

We packed a good sized cooler with ice packs, frozen mini water bottles, frozen washcloths and teethers.  A stroller fan. Lots of formula bottles and a bunch of catheters. Suntan lotion, hats, bathing suits and extra clothes! Of course this was mostly packed the night before with my nice little list next to the bag! Thank you type A personality!  As we headed into the park it seemed like we'd never see an actual ride, since we stopped multiple times to get ourselves situated.  After a couple kiddie rides for Bella we headed to The Grove where we had free food and soda/ice tea.  We were with Eddie's work group (we'll Eddie, my mom and my dad's work group) Everyone works for the same company. It was great because everyone ate and while we were there we got to use the bathroom there to cath the baby. It worked out well since it was AC and cleaner than the ones in the park. I was surprised that I managed to cath pretty well even with people in and out of the tiny bathroom and the hand dryer going off every two seconds thus scaring the baby.  So mission accomplished! We were off to rides again. Bella did so great, she barely whined the whole day.  She was even really patience while the adults wanted to go on rides.  We did have a few hiccups, like losing my drivers license! Boo!! Otherwise, a successful day! I even went on a few roller coasters, which is totally out of character for me! 

So, it turned out great! Baby Eddie didn't overheat at all! He even napped at his regular times.  Bella had fun without any major meltdowns (she even cleaned her room this morning, like really cleaned it!).  Both kids came home, bathed and were in bed by 9:00!

Guess what SB, I got this!

Gramma and baby Eddie on his first ride, the carousel!

Nana and Bella on the teacups!

Cowgirl Bella (I think her TN came out)

Us with the characters (and Cousin Mikey as Sylvester!)

Bella's favorite ride, the swings!

Baby Eddie staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment