Monday, June 4, 2012

Updates Updates Updates!!

*I caught this little moment the other morning and it totally melted my heart!


I have spent most of my teenage and adult life repeating over and over again "You'll see me in the gym when hell freezes over..." Well, hell has frozen over! I have can no longer put off the inevitable. I am not 20 anymore.  Where I used to be mistaken for a high schooler I am now mistaken for a college kid. Not that I'm complaining, college would still at most make me 22 and that's way better than almost 30! After the second child, your body does not just bounce back. Yes you can lose some weight but things just don't go back where they are supposed to be without a little help from our old friend "the gym".  I will no longer be sharing clothes with my 16 year old cousin, which is the worst part since she has awesome hand me "ups".  So I have started going to the gym. Partly because I can not in good conscience get on a beach like this since that would make me the woman I talk about at the beach and partly because if I spend one more month with a gym membership without using it my husband may kill me!

So off to the gym I've been going almost every other day plus my little workout at home.  I hate to admit that I'm actually beginning to like it. Not while I'm there of course, while I'm there I'm quietly swearing to myself how much it totally sucks! It is a chance for me to have a bit of "quiet" time to myself. By quiet I mean without Bella chatting in my ear every 5 seconds or baby Eddie needing something. I love my mommy time with my kids more than anything but being a stay at home mom comes with not being able to just shut off my brain. I'm always on. The gym is a nice getaway for a few hours a week. 

Friday is our first MRI for baby Eddie and I'm crazy nervous. I'm not exactly sure why but I am a little freaked out that they have to sedate him to do it. I hoping all goes well and we hear that the shunt hasn't fallen so much that he'll need a revision. That would be another surgery and that would just break my heart. I have known that more surgeries were probably in our future but every time we hear there's one it sucks.

Baby Eddie started PT last week and has had another one since.  He did awesome! She was so impressed by how much he can do. How badly he wants to crawl at not even 4 months. Everything she does with him on his tummy she has to hold on to him because he's pushing his legs and taking off. If only we can get him to use his arms too he'll be going like crazy!  She thinks his legs are doing a great job straightening out themselves.  She does agree that he'll need braces at some point but is optimistic that it may not be forever (which is what we heard).  She also said that all his nerves and muscles seem to be working great and that some of his muscles are just too tight or too weak and with good PT we could help a lot of that! I feel like that is so amazing. His little legs have come so far since he was born. All on their own with a little help from exercises.  I'm so glad we pushed for a OT in the hospital to come up and teach us some exercises. They all kept telling us that it was too early and that it wouldn't matter. What do they know? My boy's a fighter, don't tell him he won't do something!

We're really excited about the bowling event we set up to raise money for the Walk and Roll for baby Eddie's team. It's June 12th at 6pm at the AMF in Chicopee. The event site is here Bowling for Team Warrior Eddie! Everyone is invited so feel free to come along! Just email us and let us know whose coming so we can reserve a lane! Also, if you haven't seen the walk website it's here Walk and Roll all are welcome to come walk (or roll) with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment