Monday, October 14, 2013

It's finally here!!!!

It has arrived! Our trial walker is here and in true Eddie fashion he loves it as long as I'm not the one walking with him. He takes off like crazy with everyone else but if I take it out and try to get him to walk anywhere he stands on it and just whines and says "Mommy no.... no mommy..." over and over. The little man has officially got my number! Despite this I really am trying to get him walking on it. Today I'm planning on reorganizing the house a bit so he may have a little better time getting around. Maybe then he'll use it in the house a bit. We ordered one of his own that should come soon. Hopefully we can use the loaner one until then. Also we've upped his PT and added OT and like last year he's going to be doing the work with the American International College students. For four weeks once a week he gets to work with students in the OT and PT program. Last year it was really beneficial to have them working with him and I can't wait for it this year!

Eddie and his best friend at the zoo!


We had a our first UTI this week also. I know this isn't normal talk but in the SB world it's common conversation. Good thing is it was very mild. Actually as soon I brought him to the doctor we were at the tail end of it. Like usual, I got right to researching it. I went to my go to Hollister People First website and found a webinar on preventing UTI's. It was great, some stuff I already knew but it was nice to have a refresher. Sometimes I cath so often I forget the step by step stuff. It was given by a nurse with LOTS of stuff on her resume! It's funny, at first I used to carry a bottle of hand sanitizer everywhere so if I had to cath outside the house I was sanitary. Somewhere along the line I stopped bringing it for some reason. Also, I noticed that I was cathing very quickly. Possibly causing damage. Which can then bring UTI's. I'm determined to be more sanitary and much more careful.

A bunch more happened this week including a trip to NYC and a new car! I'll blog about that later since I'm totally unorganized and don't have the pics all together! Wanted to get our exciting news about the walker out there first!

No comments:

Post a Comment